24 Years of Results | $70 Million for Charity
Jeff Sanders Promotions’ golf event management scorecard reflects 24 years of unparalleled results that includes more than 250 successful events, including 26 events on the PGA TOUR’s Web.com Tour. Here is an overview of some of our best rounds:
- In JSP’s history, we have produced more than 250 golf events across the country and have been responsible for generating over $70 million for thousands of non-profit organizations.
- The JSP-produced Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft is one of only four golf tournaments that have been part of the Web.com Tour since its inception in 1990 and the only Web.com Tour event to maintain the same title sponsor from the beginning. Web.com Tour President Bill Calfee calls the Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft the “premier event” on the Web.com Tour.
- The Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft has raised more money for charity than any other event on the Web.com Tour. The golf tournament celebrated its 20th anniversary in 2009 by raising a record $1.2 million for non-profit organizations. In 2010, 2011 and 2012 the tournament again generated more than $1 million for charity each year, bringing the 23-year total to nearly $14 million.
- The success of the Albertsons Boise Open presented by Kraft led to JSP being awarded a brand new Web.com Tour event, the Winn-Dixie Jacksonville Open presented by Planters, which debuted in October 2010 at TPC Sawgrass – home of the PGA TOUR and THE PLAYERS Championship — in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. The event generated more than $1.6 million for charity, a record amount for a first-year Web.com Tour event. In 2011 and 2012, the Winn-Dixie Jacksonville Open presented by Planters surpassed the record-breaking amount raised in the event’s inaugural year and gave $1.8 million to charity in 2011 and topped that with $1.85 million to charity in 2012.
- The Winn-Dixie Jacksonville Open presented by Planters is the successor to the Winn-Dixie Charity Classic. The Winn-Dixie Charity Classic generated $6 million for the Winn-Dixie Foundation and charities in the Southeast United States over the course of its four-year run.
- JSP has generated $11.5 million for the SUPERVALU Foundation over the past 13 years through the SUPERVALU Minneapolis Charity Classic and its predecessor, the SUPERVALU Desert Classic in Scottsdale, AZ.
- JSP has had similar success with the SUPERVALU Chicago Charity Classic, generating more than $8.7 million dollars for the SUPERVALU Foundation over the past 13 years.
- JSP’s Albertson’s Team Championship, recently finished its 24th year on the air, is the most popular made-for-TV team golf competition in the US. The televised golf tournament currently airs on 18 affiliates in seven Western states, providing 500 hours of golf programming that are seen by more than 20 million viewers each season.
- JSP managed all aspects of sales and execution for two USGA Golf Championships: The 96th U.S. Amateur Championship, highlighted by Tiger Woods’ historic “three-peat” at Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club; and the 52nd US Women’s Open Championship, which was also held at Pumpkin Ridge and featured Annika Sorenstam’s pursuit of a first-ever three-peat in that major golf championship. Both championships drew record galleries and are recognized by the USGA as the most successful stagings of those events in their respective histories.
- JSP created, introduced and manages the innovative and uniquely successful TICKETS Fore CHARITY™ program as a way to help our golf tournament title sponsors raise money for local non-profit organizations while also increasing attendance at their events. Non-profit organizations that participate in the program sell golf tournament tickets and retain 100% of the proceeds for their causes. In 2009, at the Web.com Tour golf event in Boise, ID alone, the TICKETS Fore CHARITY program generated $904,000 for participating local charities. There are currently 16 golf tournaments on all four major tours – PGA TOUR, Web.com Tour, Champions Tour and LPGA Tour – consulting with JSP to implement the TICKETS Fore CHARITY program for their golf events.
- Through JSP-managed professional golf tournaments and charity golf events, as well as its TICKETS Fore CHARITY program and consulting services, JSP generated more than $5.9 million for non-profit organizations across the country in 2011.
- Through JSP-managed professional golf tournaments and charity golf events, JSP generated more than $5 million for non-profit organizations across the country in 2012. The Winn-Dixie Jacksonville Open presented by Planters completed its three-year run at TPC Sawgrass, generating over $2 million for charity in 2012, bringing the three-year charity contribution total to over $5.4 million.
- In the first year JSP managed the BI-LO/Winn-Dixie Charity Classic in Greenville, SC, the 2013 event announced it generated $3.1 million for non-profit organizations, breaking the net charity record of the 30-year event.